Jan 8, 2006

Miniature Mushroom

Day 8 - I was too lazy to go anywhere to take photos today so I headed out to the back yard. I've walked past the old, neglected wood pile behind my husbands shop many many times but this time I stopped to look. A lesson learned today... Wood piles contain wonderful treasures!

I found moss and bugs
worms and slugs
curling wood and old bark...
a photographers gold mine!

This mushroom is tiny tiny... about the size of a stick pin. I'll be visiting this wood pile more often.

7 comments:

  1. I like the angle on this. Great macro, and looks nice in B&W. Excellent job

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice macro. I agree - woodpiles can hide many treasures. How about taking some old wood pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the DOF, I can see how tiny this was! Nice job on this find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!!! Love that little mushroom :-) Composition and B&W tones are just right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent perspective, and composition is excellent as well. Very nice shot here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this one! The b&w is great for this. Nice tones. Even without another clear object in the picture, it's easy to tell just how small and delicate the mushroom is. I like the detail in the mushroom (ribs) and what seems to be a transperancy. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete