Dec 31, 2006

Because Of You...

When I started this Photo-a-Day project on Jan 1 2006 I really didn’t think I could keep it up for a full year. I’m not great at sticking with things I start because I easily get bored and move on to something else.

I’ve been taking digital photos for about 4 years but have always considered myself average and had no idea anyone else would be interested in seeing my photos.

When you, dear viewers, first started saying good things about my work, I thought “they’re just being nice”. When you started telling me I was a good photographer, I thought “they just haven’t seen GOOD photography”. When I first started the blog, I wasn’t concerned with quality so much, but just getting something posted. But you kept coming back to see what I was doing and you kept telling me I was good and because I didn’t want to disappoint you I kept trying harder to turn out better work.

I have learned so much in the past year and I do believe I am a better photographer now than I was this time last year. You guys are a huge part of the reason for that. Thanks so much for all your comments, support and encouragement over the year. You really have made a difference.

Happy New Year! Here’s to another great year for all of us.

Here are some of my favorites for 2006.

2006 fotos 05

2006 fotos 04

2006 fotos 03

2006 fotos 02

2006 fotos 01

These collages were created with LumaPix FotoFusion. You can download a free trial version here

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous colleges. I do so much enjoy your blog. It is one of the first I look at every day. I have also learned much from your comments and those of others. It makes the daily posting worth while. Please continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed your work since finding your blog in early August. All of your comments on Northern Lights are very much appreciated! I’m looking forward to you continuing to share your part of our great planet and doing it in your wonderful style.

    Happy New Year!

    PS Fascinating Collages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U Da Lady. Happy New Year to you too. We did it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on the fantastic finish. You have some awsome pictures and I've enjoyed looking at them.

    GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's some amazing stuff there! I've been impressed.

    Happy New Year!

    -Chad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Faye. Your photos are great - I don't say it just to be nice. Look forward to a fabulous second year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are amazing collages. I am so thrilled to have found your blog through DPChallenge and am looking forward to seeing more this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year!
    Thanks for your support in 2006!
    And you have wonderful 2007 and great photo shooting ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bravo pour ce choix de photos et cette superbe presentation. tres bonne idee.


    cheer for this choice of photographs and this superb presentation. very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wishing you a fabulous year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye, I hope you never get bored with photography and blogging for I consider you a must see, must read, my visit friend in cyberspace. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The collage is a wonderful idea.
    We don't really need a reminder of your considerable skill, but it's fun to reminisce with you. Great job--both today to delight us and the entire year of 2006, also to inform and delight us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super nice collages - no surprise there, though, given the great work you've done all year. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2007. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Faye! I've really enjoyed your photos over the past year and also your comments on my photos. I was expecting to see a sunset, you said we had the same idea for a year end post, I guess you were talking about my December collage. I do a collage at the end of each month, my Dec 31st picture was a sunset. I used the same program you did to make my collage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. here's to more great work! nice meeting you ;0P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Faye, these are fantastic collages! How can you possibly feel that your photos are just average looking at THAT! Wow!

    Looking forward to 365 more fabulous photos from you! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW

    Seeing what you did with your first PAD project will encourage all the new DPCers going for a PAD in 2007.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. faye,
    i havent been following your blog for long time but i can say that whenever I'm here I do get inspired , thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful collages! Keep posting your quality work. I don't get here as often as I would like. But when I do come my enjoyment of photographic beauty is always rewarded. Wishing you a happy New Year in 2007!

    ReplyDelete
  20. all your pics are amazing, it was a good idea to make a collage!!!

    ReplyDelete