Jan 9, 2007

An Old House, An Old Barn And A Funny Cow Story

Sunday I was driving near Camas Valley, Oregon and stopped to take a shot of an old falling down house and barn.
house and barn1

As I was clicking away, a cow at the other end of the field looked up to see what I was doing
house and barn2

and came to stare at me from the other side of the fence.
house and barn3

Soon other cows came to see what the first cow and I were doing
house and barn4

and they stared at me too... and started mooing. By this time I was laughing and clicking..
house and barn5

The more cows came.. the more cows stared.. the more cows mooed...the more I laughed
house and barn6

When I finally drove away there was a whole herd of cows standing by the fence staring at me and mooing.
house and barn final

And I'm sure people in Camas Valley are still wondering who that strange lady was standing by the road laughing like crazy and taking photos of ordinary cows.

18 comments:

  1. That's a riot Faye. I never heard of a herd being that curious before. I don't blame you for laughing.
    By the way, great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a story. Good shot of your new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Faye!!
    That is just tooo funny :) Loved your story.. :) Your shots are wonderful as well and go right along with your story..
    Hope all is going well with you in this New Year
    Aloha
    Renee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL what a great picture story :o) It really made me laugh too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that's hysterical. Curious cows, and a great barn shot as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you suppose they were waiting for you to throw down some hay or other feed?

    How disappointed they must have been to realize that after all, it was only a photo shoot.

    Thanks for the great little photo-documentary, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. belles series de photos et bravo pour le post.


    beautiful series of photographs and cheer for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. I soooo enjoyed the pictures and the story. THANK YOU for making my day, Faye.

    I dunno. I think those cows were vying for position there. Looks to me like they thought they might be auditioning for the "eat more chicken" or "got milk?" ad campaigns....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The poor cows, hungry and lonely with only a photographer to keep them company :)
    Cute story with great photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how funny! i wish i had seen. i wonder what they were saying..or maybe they were having a good ol' laugh at the fayeness? ;0p

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!! How funny! Great shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faye, you've got me going and I just can't stop laughing. Oh, how I would have loved to be there. Probably peed my pants so maybe it was good I wasn't. lol Too funny. I can almost see you. Nita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, what a great post!! I love it! Cows are curious animals, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too funny! I usually talk myself out of stopping when I see something along the road, and need to work on not caring if someone is watching or comes up to talk.

    I really like the first and last shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that brightened up a week to forget at work...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too funny! I love how you told the story with the pictures too. This is great Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha....i have never seen something like this before......i have been going through ur blog ever since u left the comment on mine ..and i cant tell u how much i love it.......i intended to comment on ur latest posts once i'm thro' older ones but cud not stop myself from commenting on this one.. :)

    ReplyDelete