Mar 6, 2007

Playing With Daisies

I Just had a few minutes to grab a shot this afternoon so I went out to the yard and picked a small daisy. I haven't used my macro lens for awhile so stuck the daisy stem in a hole in my fence to get a few close up shots. The flower head is about a half inch across.

I decided to try something I have heard others talk about but have never tried myself. I reversed the lens on my camera, holding it in place while shooting. You can get an attachment that will hold the lens in place but I don't have one.

I didn't use a tripod and trying to hold the lens in place and focus was quite a challenge so the images aren't sharp but I was amazed at how much closer you can get using this method.

daisy3

And then, of course, I had to play with them in Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop.

daisy1

I used another daisy with a little pink on it for this extra close shot.

daisy close

I'll be trying this experiment again.

13 comments:

  1. WOW I just love your original and the Photoshop version looks like a beautiful card. Awesome job :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Faye....I am sure I will be back to look at these later today...I LOVE the last one....was that the one with the reversed lens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for explaining the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the daisy against the textrue of the fence, and the processing of the second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, you are an artist. I love them all but the last one is picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. belle serie, je prefere l'original, je la trouve vraiment tres belle.


    beautiful series, I prefer the original, I find it really very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great shots!!! I've seen that technique used to capture photos of eyeballs as well. It works so well and the pictures are breathtakingly close.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous, Faye...my favourite is the first but they are all stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done!! And no tripod! What a steady hand you have!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome shot. I am a sucker for the macro close-up shots. I also love the photoshop version. Glad you found time to take these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the images not worked on. The flowers are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I am loving your site. This picture is gorgeous!!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete