Jun 10, 2007

Out To Pasture

This old truck seems to have outlived its usefulness and, much like an old horse, has been turned out to pasture. Many thanks to the farmer who left this reminder of days gone by. My husband says he thinks its a 40's Ford truck but isn't sure. Anyone know for sure?

This is near the tiny community of Tenmile, Oregon. I've been through this area many times and have never noticed this truck before because it sits at the back of a large pasture. Yesterday I stopped to take some pictures of hay bails across the road and discovered the truck when I started to get back in my car.

Truck

This gives an idea of how far back in the pasture it is and why I missed it before.
Truck in distance

13 comments:

  1. I love that top shot Faye...great capture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, rust and textures and old stuff. My idea of a perfect setting for a fabulous picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to sit and listen to the truck tell its stories, wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. tu as vraiment l'oeil pour decouvrir des petits tresors. superbes photos de ce vieux camion


    you have really the eye to discover small treasures. superb photographs of this old truck

    ReplyDelete
  5. this makes me wonder:

    at what point does an eyesore become an historical artefact?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that contrast of rust and greenery. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the truck makes the yard precious......i'm sure it has tons of stories to tell, Annie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to visit Oregon. Thought it would be a beautiful, lush green place. You photos certainly reminded me of that.

    And btw, there are beautiful people in Morocco ... and mountains and palm oasis, lakes and the Saharan Desert. It's quite a place!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thhis truck wreck is really a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good one. I like closer shot on top.
    Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The closer shot is great. It looks good resting in the grasses and against the beautiful textures of the foliage behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the rest, the close shot fits the best in the shot with the contrast of rust and green. Love it Faye!

    ReplyDelete