Oct 5, 2007

What I Found on The Beach - A Wet Feather

I walked along the beach and rather than take my usual photos of the ocean, the waves, the ocean birds, the skys... I looked down and took photos of the common things I saw lying on the sand.

This feather was the first thing I shot. I noticed the water drops on it but until I got home and edited it I didn't notice how the water drops magnified parts of the feather.

For the next few days I'll show you the interesting things I found on the beach.

Feather1

Feather2

12 comments:

  1. Pure artistry Faye. I know I am going to enjoy this ocean series.
    The macro is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...sad somehow. Or maybe that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the macro. It is very cool how the water drops magnify the details in the feather :) :) Cant wait to see some of the other images from the walk on the beach!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot of the feather. The water droplets add to it. And the background....that is the sand?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent findings. Great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly and utterly interesting...love it.

    sandy

    wow...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - the feather contrasts with the sand so well! If it was an "east coast" sand it probably wouldn't have worked as well. Beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woww..another pleasant shot..:)
    Those are drop are looking so pretty on it...I luv the macro!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That's is astonishing. Thanks, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome. The water droplets look amazing!

    ReplyDelete