Sep 19, 2008

A Funny Cow Story

I just got my new computer set up and haven't even got all the photos I took on my trip downloaded yet. I didn't want to miss out on Camera Critters so I'm doing a repeat from a post from a year or so ago.

Its a fun post and I think its worth repeating though.




Sunday I was driving near Camas Valley, Oregon and stopped to take a shot
of an old falling down house and barn.

house and barn1




As I was clicking away, a cow at the other end of the field looked up to see what I was doing
house and barn2


and came to stare at me from the other side of the fence.
house and barn3


Soon other cows came to see what the first cow and I were doing
house and barn4


and they stared at me too... and started mooing.
By this time I was laughing and clicking..
house and barn5


The more cows came.. the more cows stared.. the more cows mooed...the more I laughed
house and barn6


When I finally drove away there was a whole herd of cows standing by the fence
staring at me and mooing.

house and barn final


And I'm sure people in Camas Valley are still wondering who that strange lady was standing by the road laughing like a mad woman and taking photos of ordinary cows.

Be sure to check out other Camera Critters here

26 comments:

  1. WOW! You could be a Cow Whisperer!
    That is SOOOOO Funny! I wonder if they thought you had some food for them :)

    PS - so glad you are back to posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this one. It made me laugh then as it does now. I wonder what they thought you could do for them? Maybe they just wanted their portraits done...
    Fun stuff and I'm glad you got your computer up and running. Welcome back from your trip. Looking forward to those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha..at least you had fun,right? :) I so can relate to you though about taking photos and never minding everyone! Mine is here. Happy CC!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Cows are curious creatures.

    Thanks for doing a re-run on this. I wasn't reading any sort of blogs at all at the time of your first post and I would have missed out entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots - I love old barns and the cows that go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. You were probably the (only) highlight of their day. They enjoyed your visit.
    And YOU enjoy that new computer!
    Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. I'd have been standing there laughing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Back! I Missed You :)

    Love the photo story. Have you seen those commercils where the cows talk to each other in that "Fargo" movie accent? I could hear these girls doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, look how many showed up! That's hilarious. You were a major excitement for their day! lol

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes pictures of old barns on the side of the road. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a funny story maybe the cows were people watching.The mooing may have been them laughing at you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! wonderful set of photos, they love the picture taking, very beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  12. no way!! hawha!!! that is too funny!!

    by the way, thanks for visiting my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to laugh all the time! It's so funny!!! Thanks for these pictures! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great images!
    I'd say it was near feeding time and they were waiting for someone to come by.
    Great story and fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...lots of cows in here.

    Please drop at my CC post also: in HERE. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Faye, this is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was fun. I am glad that you were able to stop laughing long enough to get these pictures.

    Good luck with your new computer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Faye, the people in Camas know who you are. Welcome back and glad to see you brought the cows home!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It has been awhile since I've seen so many cows. Happy CC! Mine's up here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny, that made me laugh too! :)
    Some incidents are unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Being raised on a farm with cattle, I can guess they probably thought they were going to get fed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's funny story but you are not crazy believe me. My hubby laugh at me all the time because I have to take pictures of everything including cows.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There's nothing wrong with standing around taking photos of perfectly ordinary things. How many wish there were photos of all the animals that are now extinct? They were perfectly ordinary at one time and now they're gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. what were you wearing ??hahah sandy

    ReplyDelete
  26. You heard "Moo", but what they were really saying was "Food... Woman, we want Food" hehehe

    ReplyDelete