Nov 1, 2008

Spanish Moss

I first posted these photos 2 years ago this month and am reposting them for Sonia's
ECOLOGICAL DAY

I was driving out on a road I hadn't been on before, looking for old barns to photograph. When I came across this old abandoned orchard I was totally amazed at the spanish moss hanging from the trees. Yes, it is destructive but oh so beautiful. Now that it is November again, I must get back out there to see if the moss is still there and if its still as amazing.

Spanish Moss 1

Spanish Moss 2

Spanish Moss 3

Please visit Sonia’s Leaves of Grass blog to see other’s Ecological Day posts here

16 comments:

  1. It looks very much the same as the stuff we call "Old Man's Beard". Great photographs. Kinda spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These photos of spanish moss hanging from the trees are just amazing, Faye! Great post to Ecological Day! Thank you for join us!

    These moss looks very mysterious and I guess this atmosphere is perfect to Halloween, isn't?

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very interesting post! Spectacular photos.

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing how it drapes itself from the limbs of the trees. There is a fairytale atmosphere to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking at too many Hello ween pics - for a moment I thought it was a practical joke gone bad, or even executed superbly...

    Anyway, we're giving you a wee award in our Nov 2 post; the rules, etc., are all there if you want to continue the thread. Thank you for your friendship and support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Destructive things are often beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you processed these, such subtle touches of extra beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply amazing. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Parabéns!
    Fotos magnificas!
    Um abraço. lili

    ReplyDelete
  12. So this is spanish moss, I've seen it once and thought of spider webs, it has a spooky beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! What amazing photos! Thanks for sharing them!

    Also - thank-you for stopping by my blog and for commenting on my Sky Watch contribution too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the mighty oaks in Florida had them all over........I think of them as beautiful..my husband thinks they are "spooky" :DD

    love the way they drape the tree they grow on.....almost like a filgree curtain

    ReplyDelete