Jun 13, 2009

Barn on Dairy Loop Road - 50th barn

Today was perfect picture taking weather, so I went on an Old-Barn Safari this morning. I keep thinking I must already have photos of all the barns in the county but I seem to find more when I go searching. I found this one on Dairy Loop Road near a little community called Lookingglass not far from here. I love the tall grass and the fence.

I'm off to an energy conference in Portland for a few days. I'll be back Wed evening. I'm taking my laptop from work but I don't know if I'll be able to get anything posted.

Barn on Dairy Loop Road

I just noticed that this is my 50th barn post since my first post to my blog in Dec 2005. Do you think I'm obsessed?

I also noticed how much I've learned through the years by striving to post the best photos I can. Your encouragement has made a huge difference. Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. The fence is amazing. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos throughout your blog. I love the Sea Lion posts. Thanks for sharing.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an oil painting. I love your barns and wish I could go on a safari with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great one. I love the old wooden fence in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. The barn is nice, but the fence adds a lot to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barns are disappearing around here. Some are left to rot and cave in but most of the better ones are being covered with the metal siding. I like this photo very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo, but then looking back through your blog they all are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you like to photograph barns like I do whitetail deer, but In my mind the two go together.

    The spot where I do most of my deer photography has an extremely old barn still standing. I first visited this area as a youth in search of deer and this forged the association between deer and back country barns as this was one of the best deer spots around.

    They make an exceptional subject and you always do a good job of capturing them to best advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great conference Faye. See your great pictures again at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Faye- Thanks for following the Ohio Nature Blog- You have a keen eye and your style shows itself wonderfully throughout your work here.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderfully composed as always. A place called Lookinglass; how great is that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've found you, again! I recently changed pc's and in the process lost track of some favorite links, but it was just a matter of time.

    Thanks for posting such great pictures. (the one with the egret several posts down is magnificent!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must say Faye; you are obsessed with barns and what a magnificent obsession it is. Your barn collection is fantastic and this shot fits right in with your other beautiful barn shots.

    Have a safe & productive trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you're obsessed I hope you'll continue because I LOVE these barn photographs !
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete