Jun 21, 2009

Delfino Wine-Tasting Room Photos

A few months ago I got an email from a local winery Delfino Vineyards. I had taken a photo of their vineyard and it was printed in our local newspaper. For some reason my name didn’t get attached to the photo, but Terri Delfino saw the photo, liked it and set out to find out who took it. She found my blog where I had also posted the photo along with information about their vineyard (use the Delfino link below to see the photo)

Terri asked if I would be interested in having some of my photos for sale in their new tasting room, I agreed and have been busy editing, printing and framing since then. They plan their grand opening for early July. It’s exciting. I have never sold any of my work except for photos donated to raise money for local non-profit agencies, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

The Delfino’s aren’t charging a commission since they gain by using a local artist to help decorate the tasting room. I gain because if I do happen to sell any photos, I can buy a new lens I’ve wanted for awhile. It’s been a fun experience and when I went out to visit Jim and Terri, I found them to be lovely people.

I thought it would be fun to post some of the photos this week that will be on display in the tasting room. I'll have a card with each one explaining where the shot was taken.

This first one was taken on Nonpareil Road West of Sutherlin, Oregon.

Barn with Clouds

16 comments:

  1. How exciting! Congratulations. Your photos are always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic shot :)
    Gratulations you deserve it ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome capture! You have beautiful surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, It's fantastic news!
    I sold one of my photo to the design company to produce a wine label - I haven't seen the result yet back in end of last year. It was so exciting and I guess you are now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might be surprised how this will work out. First, let me say, the photo you posted today shows and tells a great deal about you and your eye for what works and thankfully it doesn't show what doesn't work. It is rich in color and the quality of the photo is just outstanding.

    Then there is the rising mist. That is a beautiful dimension and adds a lot to the overall affect it had on me.

    Years ago I did this at a bar and lounge. Sometimes I forget that I made a lot of money over many years exhibiting there. It was also a motel and there were visitors from all over the world who stopped. I sold pictures to people from everywhere and had to replace those sold each week. It was an amazing experience that ended with the sale of the business to people who had no idea what they just lost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,thanks for visiting my blog.As I was looking through your work I was amazied at the photos.Your work is excellent.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited and pleased for you

    I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience

    your photos are art

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very "Oregon!" Love the colors and all the mist. That is a framable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't read what you wrote before posting. I went straight to the picture. I guess it will be framed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's excellent news! Do you know what non pareil means in French? I love this shot btw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! This is such great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so exciting, Faye....Those photos deserve to be showcased.....I loved the two I saw on Flickr ..would love to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnificent photograph! It reminds me of some of the farm buildings on the back rounds roundabouts where I live. The clouds seem to be rising to show what they've hidden overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so awesome Faye. Your pictures are wonderful and I'm sure you will sell them. Terrific that the Delfinos don't want a commision too. A perfect partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another super shot of an old farmstead...Who lived there and what did they do?

    Is this HDR?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work, congratulations! This barn is lovely!

    ReplyDelete