Jul 29, 2009

Florney Valley Red Barn

I have posted this red barn before, but not with this tall grass.

Florney Valley Red Barn

This is a post from Oct 2006. I see they cut down the bush on the left and traded the wood fence post for metal. I much prefer the wood but I'm sure the new one will last much longer.



It was 108 here yeaterday. That is almost unheard of for this area. It only got to 103 today. Sheesh! I am not loving this heat wave. But then I work in a nice cool office and have a nice cool home.

I am concerned about of the homeless folks in the area. They are warning people to stay indoors out of the heat, but when you have no "indoors" thats pretty hard. Yesterday some of the staff where I work took a van around with cold water, ice and sun screen to pass out to anyone they found needing some relief. They will continue to do this as long as this heat wave lasts.

I'm headed up to Salem for a meeting tomorrow and will be back Friday evening. I'm hoping for a greatly air conditioned meeting room and hotel room.

12 comments:

  1. I like the top photo with the long grass better. But it would have been nice if the wooden pole was still there

    ReplyDelete
  2. This barn is perfect. As all your barns are.

    I won't comment on the heat more than to say.... I understand-- I live in Redding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. toujours aussi belle cette vieille ferme tout en bois, le rouge lui va très bien

    still this beautiful old wooden farmhouse, red suits him very well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good mornin'!! Again, another hot day, "almost" neighbor! I am a Portlander! It sure has been a hot week, huh?...Glad that I ran into your blog. Love your pics. I am just a now and again photo person, and wish that I had the camera and time to do what you do. It is on my 'wish list'. My son and DIL do so well photowise.
    I will visit often, and again, your blog is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome.!
    Great shots Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kind of barn! Love it! You're right about the homeless. It's pretty bad also for older people who tend to forget to drink. During the last heatwave in my country, several thousands died dehydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye...
    Really neat picture of the barn. I often revisit the same spot for a photo...different seasons often garner a whole new mood to a picture.

    I have a close friend who lives in Portland...I am going to email her to see how she is ding int the heat. Hang in there!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Might be cooler in the shade of the barn ? Hopefully the heat wave will break soon... take care !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, your photos are wonderful. I worked in Oregon quite a few years ago and really fell in love with the state. Your barns are awesome!
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this barn and all the grass! Great photos, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your barns are always the prettiest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, that red against the wheat colored grass..wow.

    ReplyDelete