Jul 7, 2009

More Needful Things - Hubbard Hardware

Some of you may remember a series of photos I did of some wonderful old things that sit or hang by an old building on a country road. You can check it out by clicking the Needful Things link below. Every time I go out there I find something interesting that I hadn't noticed the time before.

I wonder what type of hardware came in this box and whose hands put the hardware to use.

Hubbard Hardware

The name Needful Things comes from a Stephen King book that has an old antique shop full of.. yep, you guessed it... needful things.

9 comments:

  1. Frames full, lovely tones and textures, All the best A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great old box. Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how an old box like that could be a valuable collectors item for some folk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your needful things series. I also love the phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could easily get lost looking around for and at "needful things" like this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the looks of the way the box seems to be made, it would almost seem appropriate if it was a box of nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks old, but beautiful.. You captured it so nicely. Great composition Faye. Have a nice day..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way the wire hinges poke up an how the picture is framed. I guess I just love the old textured needful things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This may be the box that Bonnie and Clyde used to carry their bullet supply in ? Which could justify then a high price in a needful things store... ? Nice texture, looks almost like mold or dry rot was growing on it...

    ReplyDelete