Jun 18, 2011

Headed out to my back yard to find a bug and instead I found a whole village. These bugs had
unfortunately set up shop on one of my roses but it was so interesting to see the different stages
of life represented here. I assume the fat black bug and the lighter bug are aphids. The white
"shells" have been shed from other bugs. I think the larva may be feeding on the aphids. I'm sure
they're all related somehow since they were all on one rose..
AND I NEED TO SPRAY!



Be sure to check out other Camera Critters here

6 comments:

  1. That's a very busy looking rose bud. You have the good and the bad all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting find and, yes, you need to spray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dark colored one is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do need to spray....but,

    I've watched Ant Bully for about a zillion times with Maycie, so I have to say of you,

    Hark, the Destroyer cometh....

    I cameth and destroyeth this morning...snails all over my flower box...and half eaten plants. :(

    ReplyDelete